Dear MooseFS Users,
We are excited to announce that today we have released the stable version of MooseFS 3.0.77 (Pro and Community).
With MooseFS 3.0.77 release we introduce great new features:
- Storage Classes for better data distribution and redundancy management,
- Global locks support compatible with POSIX ioctl() and lockf() semantics and BSD compatible flock() semantics,
- New I/O synchronisation mechanism between different mounts, for better handling concurrent I/O operations from different clients,
- ATMM (Automatic Temporary Maintenance Mode),
- Automatic File "sparsification".
We have already started working on version 4.0.x, that soon should be available in our current repository (development version). MooseFS 4.0.x, among other features, will allow to store data in Distributed RAID organisation.
Moosefs.com | Director of Operations and Customer Support